Food Pantry @ PILGRIM Reopening July 1, 2021
Pilgrim Church operates a neighborhood food pantry on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m. until noon.
Pilgrim’s Food Pantry helps Tremont families and individuals stretch their monthly food budgets. Pilgrim’s pantry is affiliated with the Greater Cleveland Food Bank and totally run by volunteers. In 2019, the pantry served 215 families and 620 individuals per month. Our Food Pantry serves the Tremont area, zip codes 44113 and 44109.
Pilgrim Church anticipates reopening its Food Pantry after a break imposed by the pandemic. The reopening will follow all current CDC COVID-19 guidelines.
Volunteers Make a Difference in the Neighborhood
There is always a need for more volunteers. If you have been wanting to get involved in your neighborhood, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for. Just one morning a month would make a huge difference to your neighbors in need. There are various volunteer roles in the pantry. The three main roles are Shopper, Stocker, and Outside Host.
- Shopper is a volunteer who accompanies the client through the Pantry, answering questions, explaining the number of items allowed per size of their family, etc.
- Stocker is a volunteer who replenishes the Pantry shelves from the boxes of groceries and other goods.
- Outside Host is a volunteer who welcomes clients and distributes check-in numbers and monitors the queue.
To volunteer or learn more, please email Dick Berlo at email@example.com or call the Pilgrim Church office at (216) 861-7388.
You can also help in other ways.
- You can drop off non-perishable, non-expired food items at the Starkweather entrance to Pilgrim Church during Food Pantry hours (Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 to noon) or call the church at (216) 861-7388 to make arrangements for a drop off at another time. Also, Sunday mornings immediately before and after the 10:00 AM worship service.
- If you are a merchant with discontinued or excess stock, you can contact us to receive this as a donation as long as the items are not expired.
Finally, your designated financial donations allow us to purchase food from the Cleveland Foodbank at a discount and help balance out the nutritional content of each grocery bag. Checks made out to Pilgrim Food Pantry may be mailed to Pilgrim Church at 2592 W. 14th Street Cleveland, OH 44113 or donate online by clicking on the donation button here below.
Information for Clients
- The pantry hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 AM to noon.
- Pilgrim operates a “choice” pantry. That means clients choose the food items that best suit their family’s tastes and needs rather than being provided with pre-bagged items.
- Eligibility for becoming a food pantry client is based on household income. Income thresholds are established by The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP).
- We serve people living in the Tremont area ZIP Codes of 44113 and 44109.
- When visiting the pantry, clients should bring their photo identification.
- The pantry is handicap accessible.
- The entrance to the pantry is on the south side of Starkweather just west of W 14th
- Mask are required to enter the building.
- We encourage clients to bring reusable shopping bags.
- Clients can visit the pantry once a month.