Pilgrim Church is seeking a Property Manager, and will receive applications through February 10, 2020 or until the position is filled.
This Position is 32 hours per week; the work schedule includes 30 on-site hours (from Tuesday through Friday) with 2 hours reserved for addressing facility needs or issues that may arise during non-office hours or weekends.
Pay is $31,500 annually plus individual health insurance coverage. Mileage reimbursement for work-related travel, paid vacation and holidays during the program year and a professional development allowance are also provided.
The Manager is the representative of Pilgrim Congregational UCC to the community and visitors, and works as a liaison between the groups/individuals (space users). This staff person is an important participant within a larger church staff team, responsible for extending the ministry of Pilgrim Congregational UCC through the specifics of this role and the relationships built and maintained with staff, church members, guests and the wider community.
Job Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Develops (with the Personnel committee) and Pastor the custodial personnel policies and procedures of the church.
- Contributes information to custodial personnel records.
- Hires and terminates custodial and security staff in consultation with Pastor and Board of Trustees.
- Coordinates the custodial and security staff work and vacation schedules.
- Directs the church’s maintenance program by supervising custodians and outside contractors.
- Manages supply inventory and communicates supply needs to office administrator.
- Oversees scheduling and completion of building inspections on a regular frequency
- Administers policies and procedures concerning the use of church property. Ensures compliance with city codes related to safety and use of building and grounds.
- Serve as primary staff contact and Pilgrim liaison for space users/lessees.
- Assists the church building committee in their work with architects, contractors and others in evaluation, planning, building, remodeling and equipping church building.
- Coordinates the assignment, set up, and maintenance of building space for meetings and activities as requested.
- Evaluates periodically the insurance needs of the church in coordination with Trustees
- Oversees the church’s security needs and communicates as needed with security-related partners and community agencies, such as the Cleveland Fire and Police Departments
- Maintains an inventory of church property and equipment.
- Administers the church building and grounds maintenance budget.
- Represent Pilgrim Congregational UCC to potential space users by scheduling tours and fielding space use inquiries.
- Supports office operation needs including reception of phone calls, drop-ins and visits during church offices hours, making referrals to appropriate staff or others as needed.
- Work in conjunction with Board of Trustees and its committees.
- Publishes and communicates any facilities-related policies and procedures.
- Act as liaison to space users and affiliated businesses or nonprofits, potential space users, and civic groups and networks.
- Coordinates maintenance volunteers and volunteer workdays as needed or requested.
- Attend regular weekly administrative staff briefings and other occasional church leadership meetings as requested.
- Attend once-monthly Board of Trustee meetings to report and update monthly building and space activities and weigh in on related decisions.
- All other duties as assigned.
Additional Working Conditions:
- Weekend and evening work occasionally as needed
- Lifting and carrying (50 lb. maximum)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and experience in budgeting and finance
- Experience as a supervisor of employees
- Experience in property management or related maintenance/administrative work
- Ability to listen to and communicate with sensitivity in working with people of diverse ages, ethnicities, nationalities, religions, socio-economic situations, sexual orientations and gender identities
- Excellent time management and administrative skills
- Computer/Device proficiency (including Outlook, Excel, Word)
- A knowledge of the beliefs and practices of the United Church of Christ is helpful
- A bachelor’s degree in business or a related field or equivalent experience preferred.
For inquiries and applications:
Email cover letter, résumé and three unrelated references to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ATTN: Pilgrim Personnel Committee. Inquiries about this position can be sent to this email as well. If selected, candidate must pass a criminal background check before the position is formally offered.
NOTE: To avoid conflicts of interest and to help insure confidentiality of sensitive information, it is the policy of Pilgrim Congregational UCC to not hire current members of the Pilgrim congregation or individuals who regularly attend its worship services