Weekend Attendant/Custodian –Part Time
The position is 5-12 hours a week, depending on events in the church. Shifts are almost entirely on weekends. Sometimes there are fill-in shifts needed on the weekdays/evenings on an as needed basis.
Under general supervision, individual is directly responsible for cleaning of the facility, attending to congregants on Sundays and space users during an event, unlocking/opening doors, set up of tables, break down of tables, lock up and securing entire building. Must complete assigned tasks in a timely and professional manner and perform routine daily and weekly tasks.
- Set up and take down for events and other various building related tasks as needed.
- Cleaning common areas, hallways, offices, meeting rooms, kitchen, restrooms, daily trash removal.
- During events this individual is expected to act as a representative of Pilgrim Church and be on hand for any space users needs.
- Keep an accurate inventory of janitorial supplies and paper products, submit request when supplies are needed.
- Basic exterior grounds cleaning.
- Handle minor emergencies that may arise such as plunging toilets or cleaning up spills.
- Report to a supervisor; keep a running list of recently completed tasks and stay on track with all cleaning and event schedules as well as anything needing addressed immediately.
- Need to be able to accurately balance Pilgrim’s needs with those of individuals using the space.
- Be sure the building is completely secure after worship services or any other events. All doors must be locked/magnetized and lights off.
- Remain in clear communication with Property Manager about all weekend and evening happenings and/or any concerns.
- Ability to perform heavy lifting, walking, stooping, climbing.
- Must have good oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Must be open to feedback and able to communicate clearly with supervisor about any work related concerns.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple tasks at one time. Must have reliable transportation Must be a team player and must be reliable. Must be able to work independently.
- Must punch in and out using Pilgrim’s swipe card with Pilgrim’s time clock.